The more you learn, the more you earn.
It's a fact. The only way to guarantee you will have steady, plentiful income is to invest in your education. You know the saying "You have to spend money to make money"? That is very much the case - and you also have to spend time. Not only does investing in your education ensure you will have a solid cash flow, it also makes it easier to weather the economy's ups and downs. During the recent Great Recession, the more education an employee had, the less likely he/she was to lose his/her job. Need proof? Take a look at data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to see the correlation between education and earnings. The New York Times has an interactive graphic that lets you check out the income by education for specific occupations.
A few more reasons to go to college:
- You will make $22,000 more per year than someone with only a diploma
- You will have greater job security - you are very likely to always have a job and to keep your job during economic downturns
- Your lifetime earnings will far outweigh the cost of college
- If you earn a bachelor's degree - you will earn approximately $2.8 MILLION dollars more in your lifetime!
- College is a place to grow personally and socially, gaining independence and life skills outside of the classroom
- You are likely to be happier and healthier
- You are likely to read every day
- You are more likely to volunteer in your community
- You are more likely to vote
- You are more likely to have health insurance
- You are more likely to exercise, and less likely to be obese