Support your child's self awareness
- Encourage your child to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Keep track of your child’s awards, honors, volunteer work, internships, academic enrichment programs, camps, etc.
- Find people to support your child such as counselors, teachers, administrators, mentors, coaches, family members, BWCAN staff, etc. and develop a close network with those people.
- Discuss the importance of a post-secondary education with your child.
- Encourage your child’s decision making, critical thinking, responsibility, and accountability.
- Get guidance from your child’s counselor.
- Discuss with your student their findings utilizing Xello (see below).
Your child's Xello Account
To access your child's FREE Xello account through their school, click on your school district's link below, then use your school username and password to login.
For more information, be sure to talk to your child's school counselor.